Monash University Library subscribes to all ACS Publications. The database consists of:
- Journals - nearly 50 peer-reviewed journals contain cutting-edge articles across a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines. The ACS began the publication of chemical research with the Journal of the American Chemical Society in 1879.
- Chemical & Engineering News - the weekly trade magazine
- eBooks - the peer-reviewed ebooks contain essential research conducted by the world's leading scientists across all disciplines and applications. They now include more than 1,400 titles developed from ACS-sponsored symposia. Approximately 30 new ebooks are published each year.
- Browse the Journal - this option allows researchers to browse the journal via either “List of Issues”, or precisely select a specific issue of interest via the option “Select Decade”, “Select Volume”, then “Select Issue”
- Article ASAP (As Soon As Publishable), that are edited and published online ahead of issue
- Graphical abstracts, which are displayed on the journal table of contents
- SciFinder database, that can be accessed directly on the article level.
You can access all the scholarly material on ACS Publications through the Library-managed subscription - via Search or the Databases - chemistry page.
ACS Publications and Figshare
As ACS Publications partners with Digital Science’s Figshare** to promote open data discovery and use, the scientific community can expect to retrieve chemistry-related datasets on the Figshare research data management tool.
*The Literary and Scientific Repository, and Critical Review, vol. 2, p. 221,
**ACS news release, 2015