Preparations for the next stage of the Caulfield Library redevelopment are now underway and the whole project is well on track to be completed by the start of semester 1, 2017.
By week 6 of this semester, study spaces in the completed section of level 3 will be available to students, in addition to the spaces on level 4.
However, it is unavoidable that there will be disruption to study spaces on other levels, as well as the collections and the service points from 15 August until 26 August.
The entry into the Library will remain on the level 2 walkway but is moving approximately 10 meters to the west closer to the bridge link to Building K.
- Levels 1 and 2 (except for the entry) will be closed for construction.
- The information point will be relocated next to the new temporary entrance on level 2.
- The research and learning point will be located on level 3 (at head of stairs).
- Collections will be housed on levels 3 and 4.
- The lift will be available only for users with mobility issues during this time.
Check alternative study spaces open to all students:
- Building C Level 1 lounge = 140 spaces
- Building T Level 1 Computer labs T125 and T126 = 60 spaces
- Building S Level 2 Student lounge and Overseas Student Services lounge = 20 spaces
- Building B Level 1 Monash Connect = 20 spaces
- Building B Level 2 Foyer areas = 60 spaces
- Building C Postgraduate lounge - NEW = 120 spaces
- Building T Level 2 Labs and study spaces = 110 spaces
- Building T Basement = 30 spaces
- Building H Level 2 Syndicate rooms and casual seating = 55 spaces